The Good Life

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Updates

I went to see Deontae in his new room on Friday - he is now out of ICU. When I got to the hospital his speech pathologists were working with him. I was blessed to be the first non-medical staff person to hear him speak. When he said my name I got teary-eyed to say the least. I then got to feed him some dinner which he chewed and swallowed himself. He didn't keep that meal down, but he's kept every meal down since then. He is very agitated by the restraints on his arm (that prevent him from pulling out his trachial tube). He wants to just get up and leave and he doesn't know why he's in the hospital. His short term memory hasn't been working very well when I've asked him questions, so please pray that his short term memory is or at least will be okay.

The younger kids are having a hard time dealing with this, especially D.J. He is really acting out at school. Pray that he can adjust and that the staff at his new school will be patient with him, taking into consideration the emotional state he is surely in right now. I'm also discussing the possibility of D.J. transferring to Western Village and staying with me during the week with Detra. Pray about that for me please, because I need to get my ducks in a row if I'm going to be able to swing that. I know that would be beneficial for him, so if Detra agrees to it, I need to make it work some how.

Tony did not receive a good report after Thursday's procedure. They're going to try some aggressive chemo and radiation treatments now. He was supposed to be able to go home Friday, but now they're saying either tomorrow or Tuesday. Pray that the Lord will intervene in this situation. We need His help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home