The Good Life

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Educational Research

Okay. I think it is safe to say it. I ABHOR Educational Research. If I ever had fleeting thoughts that it would be fun to do research (which I am now ashamed to say I've had before), I will NEVER have those impure thoughts again. For me, reading a study about a topic that has absolutely no interest to me whatsoever is about the most painful form of punishment I could ever imagine. Not to mention, I have no idea what any of it means.

If someone offered me a chance to clean public toilets (which is my number one phobia) at a place such as a gas station (obviously the dirtiest of all public restroom facilities), in exchange for a free "A" in Ed. Research, I would take it in a heartbeat. I would spend an equal amount of time scrubbing and disinfecting as my classmates spent in class. It would be worth it indeed!

On the other side of the coin, I LOVE Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy (despite the fact that Freud puts the psycho in psychotherapy). I also adore my Intro to Guidance and Counseling class. I feel like I've gained more knowledge in the last month from those two classes than I did in all of my undergraduate years. Of course, my major was early childhood and elementary education, so there wasn't much in those classes but doing things like painting construction paper with strings. UGH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home