The Good Life

Monday, January 08, 2007

A Good Day

Today has been a good day. For the first time in three academic semesters I have Monday evenings free. I began my new and very welcomed freedom by exercising for about 45 minutes when I got home. It was SO great. I hope to keep this up two or three times a week until basketball season is over, then do it four or five times a week. I love the feeling of waking up sore the morning after exercising muscles I haven't used in a while. It is such a feeling of accomplishment and it makes me feel like I'm taking better care of the body with which the Lord has blessed me.

I also found out today that I have been chosen by the professors in my department as the outstanding graduate student for our department for my graduating class. I didn't even know that was an available honor. However, I am excited to have received it.

I am currently watching the BCS championship game. I thought it would be a beating when OSU scored 16 seconds into the game on the opening kickoff return. 4 minutes and 31 seconds later Florida scored. Less than 9 minutes after their first touchdown, Florida has scored another touchdown - this one somewhat controversial. This could be a beating the opposite way of which I originally thought. My only hope is that this is an exciting and close one. I wonder if the Heisman curse will have an effect on the outcome of this game...

1 Comments:

  • At January 09, 2007 9:00 AM, Blogger Joshua Nichols, MS, LMFT said…

    Glad to know you had a good day. And by the looks of it, you had an even better day by the end of the game. Congrats on your nomination for outstanding grad student. Hope to see you soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home