The Good Life

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Study Break

I find myself sitting here with the seconds, minutes, hours and days ticking away before the most ominous academic week in my life. With three major tests and a paper coming up next week, I'm drowning in academia. I find myself puttering along on the internet trying to contrive things I "need" to do to avoid one more second of studying in this heavy laden test preparation week. In fact, that is precisely why I am concocting a blog entry at this moment. I cannot possibly think about Albert Ellis one more second without throwing up my one-too-many Nutty Bars.

While I thoroughly enjoy the subject matter I have chosen to pursue at the graduate level, I am struggling with having to put every spare second into being studious enough to study for the looming exams. I sure better get an "A" on these suckers for all the effort I've put in.

Here's some food for thought. My good friend Blake, also known as Harry Potter, pointed out to me that I seem to have trends in my romantic interests and/or potential romantic interests. As I have laid to rest the Matthew era (four in a row is plenty for that name, I'd say), I've started a new trend. I would love to share with you what the new trend is in a more private context if you care to know. This one is even a bit comical considering my personality. I will be glad to share with you this new adventure in email form if your curiosity gets the best of you.

I guess this means the dating sabbatical is over.

2 Comments:

  • At November 11, 2005 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, First of all, I'm a lurker, but there are more people htan just Blake who read your blog.
    Second, I am very curious about this new trend and what Blakewell thinks about it. If you are willing, I am very curious.
    LB
    PS-I think you have my e-mail address

     
  • At November 11, 2005 5:59 PM, Blogger Peter Rice said…

    I'm definitely curious, Joy. Anytime KTeachJoy breaks a dating sabbatical, it's gotta be worth hearing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home