The Good Life

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Today I went to the hospital after two of my basketball teams played their second games. Our "new" team tied (though the scoreboard indicated they won - I won't tell them any differently because they don't know up from down and dribbling from traveling). My "old" team won again. I feel sorry for their opponents. It is demoralizing to play girls who have the potential to beat you by fifty points.

This is the first time I've seen Deontae since they took out his trach. He's talking normally, verbally expressing his wants and needs. He looks like himself again. The place where the hole was (that the brain tube was in) is healing. The stitches in the other side of his head are out. His arms are no longer restrained. He is fully aware as to what is going on around him.

As some of you know, I was seriously considering taking D.J. into my home until Deontae comes home in about four months or so. I prayed a lot that whatever was best for D.J. would happen. As it turns out, D.J. is doing better with the situation in and out of school, so he will not be living with me for now.

Tony Hall is going to start some treatments on Monday, I believe. I have prayed for he and his family about a thousand times in the past week and a half. I have a peace about the whole situation that is unreal. I KNOW he will be okay. I was nervous before his surgery last week and quite emotional, but the more I pray, the more I am confident he will pull through unscathed (save the traumatic experience itself).

Jennifer Curry and I were eating dinner this week and talked about the spiritual guide Tony's been for us both for more than a decade. We both concurred that we could have very possible been unfaithful Christians right now if it weren't for his influence. I know he is needed here to make an impact for the kingdom. This ordeal he is dealing with right now will be a way to improve the faith of many once he is better. Keep he and his family, and Detra, Deontae, Leighton, D.J., Demicia, and Desha (their oldest sister that lives on the south side) in your prayers.

1 Comments:

  • At November 12, 2005 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Joy...
    when i called you ealier and got your "blogger" address I did not expect to see the kind words that you had posted. You are such an incredible friend and I appreciate your thoughts. I know it is the prayers of my Christian friends that has kept me going through all of this... in fact things are starting to look up a little and if it continues I may be around for years to come. Thanks again for the many years of friendship!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home