The Good Life

Monday, January 15, 2007

24 Season 2

This has been a blissful snow weekend. So far I have watched 18 episodes of the second season of 24.

There are a few things I would like to note about the second season of 24. I want to preface these statements by saying I do like the show and enjoy the very fictitious suspense-filled forty-two minutes of bliss each episode. However, there are some things I find rather cheesy. First of all, the Fox-made drama shows the well-respected President Palmer watching Fox News during a national crisis. I do love that plug for their sister station. A picture perfect attempt at brainwashing.

I also find it funny that the daughter of the guy who saves the country and even the world season after season has the worst luck of anyone in history. As a matter of fact, in the last fictitious eighteen hours of her life, she has been forced to kidnap the young girl she baby sits to save her from abuse, been stalked and beaten by the girl’s dad (who murdered his own wife over the course of the day), was blamed for the woman’s murder, arrested along with her boyfriend (who later had his leg amputated), been in a car wreck, caught in a wild animal trap after being lost in the woods, kidnapped in a nuclear bomb shelter by the man who rescued her from the trap, almost abducted when she was hitchhiking, thought her dad was killed, held hostage in a convenience store, and dumped by her amputee boyfriend. Whew! What a day. To think, she still has six hours to go. She might ought to just go to bed.

In the meantime, I am going to go wrap up season 2 to prepare of a day of season 3 during my snow day tomorrow.

4 Comments:

  • At January 20, 2007 11:59 PM, Blogger Kari said…

    I don't know you, but I was at the Piston's game (I mean "Hornet's game") when you won that thing for your basketball team. I was there with Amy Nickerson and she said she knew you. That's awesome. Congratulations!

     
  • At February 15, 2007 4:12 PM, Blogger Joshua Nichols, MS, LMFT said…

    Joy, I love your assessment of Kim. Amanda and I are avid fans of the show. She'll absolutely love this entry.

     
  • At February 16, 2007 1:22 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    josh told me to read your entry...another 24 fan - how nice!
    yeah by season 2 kim was definitely annoying - i mean if there was a bad decision to make, kim would make it.

     
  • At February 27, 2007 2:42 PM, Blogger ch said…

    So season 6 has sucked me in and now I felt compelled to buy season 1 because it was on sale at Target. Why is that 24 and Heroe's has to come on at the same time?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home