The Good Life

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Waiting for Better

I have had a couple people ask me why I haven't posted anything in a while. Two reasons: no internet access at home due to trying to save money which leads to reason two...having a kid or kids around. Not only do they suck all the time out of your day (not necessarily in a bad way) but they cost a lot too. However, I am at my sister's house for a while and they DO have the internet. So here's the certain-to-be-disappointing-after-waiting-so-long post.

Have you ever wanted something really badly (a shirt, a car, a house, a person, or just anything) and not received it? Well we obviously know the answer to that silly question is a resounding "YES!" It seems to me that when this situation occurs you always end up with something better in the end if you're working for God. His way is always superior to our ways because our ways are inevitably selfish. I'm thankful for the Lord saving me from many stupidity-ridden selfish decisions that didn't happen for this or that reason(s).

I've been so blissfully happy over the last eight or ten months and they've been some of the hardest in my life - or so it would seem on paper. Since I have resigned to doing things God's way only, I have an inexplicable peace. I'm content and satisfied with ANY situation even when it is the exact opposite of what I thought I wanted in the first place. God is so gracious, patient, and loving. I'm so happy to be privileged enough to be his hands and feet in this short life.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home