The Good Life

Saturday, February 04, 2006

the sweet smell of victory

Those of you who know me, know that I am a pretty competitive person. However, when in competition with a member of the opposite sex (especially one who talks a big game) I am even more keen on being victorious. My mom always told me not to beat boys at anything because it hurts their ego too badly - maybe that's why I enjoy beating boys so much.

Last night I had the pleasure of running my male opponent into the ground in the all-around Incredible Pizza competition and I must say it gives new meaning to the word “Incredible” when you come out so far ahead. In this epic battle I achieved a 4-3-2 record taking basketball, DDR, Air Hockey (which was a miserable 7-2 loss for my opponent), and tic-tac-toe (previously won in class on Wednesday night). My opponent won the field hockey game (which broke after he scored a goal before the game was over – congrats to him on such a convincing victory), “Ice Ball” (which he won 26,000 to 25,000 after he missed altogether once when his ball ricocheted off the screen resulting in another try for his previous pitiful effort), and racecar driving (a true and convincing victory). We tied in gun shooting and miniature golf.

As if victory isn’t sweet enough on its own, my opponent foolishly agreed to wear a shirt boasting “loser” to class next week if I “happened to win.” You would suppose that he would have learned his lesson at Incredible Pizza. However, that is not the case. He prolonged his misery by playing me in Checkers and Battleship. I will leave it up to your imagination who won those two events that fortunately were not counted in our overall record because I care not to divulge that information.

5 Comments:

  • At February 06, 2006 4:22 PM, Blogger ch said…

    Uhm, Joy, you kind of left out the round of bowling. Our overall record is 4-4-2.

    Maybe if you're not too busy this weekend we can come up with something to break the tie?

     
  • At February 06, 2006 5:45 PM, Blogger ch said…

    ...oh and she got pummeled in both checkers and battleship ;-)

     
  • At February 06, 2006 7:49 PM, Blogger kteachjoy said…

    Oh man! We didn't count ice ball on our scorecard. I guess I didn't win after all. So does that mean you won't be wearing your loser shirt to class on Wednesday?

     
  • At February 06, 2006 8:33 PM, Blogger ch said…

    ...well I'm willing to concede that the table hockey victory was a fluke (on account of the game breaking after I scored the only point), but this is only on two conditions:-)

    1-I have a shirt you'll need to wear.

    2-You let me cook you dinner and we officially break the tie over a game of foosball this weekend?

     
  • At February 21, 2006 9:13 PM, Blogger kteachjoy said…

    the indisputable victor after the follow-up competition...joy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home