The Good Life

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Love

Over the last two weeks I have learned a lot more about love. Here are some things I have learned.
  • Even if you can't imagine it possible, you can love someone enough to clip their toenails.
  • Cleaning up any mess you couldn't stomach thinking could happen in your home is easy and far from an imposition when you love someone.
  • You don't mind not sleeping in when you love someone who is scared when they are awake and you are asleep.
  • When someone you love wants something, you want it for them too.
  • When you love someone your feelings don't get easily hurt by what they say or don't say.
  • Your patience grows exponentially when you love someone.
  • Your wants and wishes become secondary to those of the person you love.
  • You start to appreciate the sacrifices others have made for you in life a lot more when it is your turn to make those sacrifices.
  • God's love for me is even more unfathomable than I previously thought.
  • God's love is the number one thing you want to share with someone you love...even if they don't want to hear it.
  • When they don't want to hear it, it is even more important to make sure they can see it in you.

I hope that all those reading this can experience the joy, elation, and fulfillment that parenthood has to offer...even if for a very brief time like myself. It will definitely make you a better person if you allow it to do so!

2 Comments:

  • At April 17, 2007 10:16 PM, Blogger Peter Rice said…

    Beautiful words mirroring beautiful realities, Joy. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you're able to enjoy this taste of parenthood. Even toenails! Wow, impressive indeed...

     
  • At April 18, 2007 10:44 PM, Blogger ann said…

    Joy, I'm pretty sure that I say this every time I comment on your blog, but you're the best teacher ever. Now you're the best mom ever. :) It looks like I may be in the classroom next year, and you are really someone I look to to teach me how to care for students.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home