The Good Life

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Procrastinating

The most likely time to find me writing an entry on my blog is when I am hard-pressed to find some other form of procrastination to keep me from doing something I absolutely do not want to do which results in the feeling that I have no other option but to blog. Tonight the intended avoidable task happens to be reading for class. I have not read for class in nearly two weeks which nullifies all of the work I did my last two tube days to get "ahead." However, I have enjoyed my lack of effort which is why it's so hard to get back in the groove of being a faithful student.

As I was searching for other activities to occupy my time this evening (since the Super Bowl was less than entertaining) I decided that I needed to update my blog a bit. After many failed attempts to fix the "edit me" portions of my blog because I felt like I was reading directions in a foreign language when attempting to do so, I decided to simply write a new entry. At that moment, it occurred to me that I had never commented on the name change of my blog. That is what I now intend to do.

The original name of my blog was "Monotony Monopoly." While I feel that my life is monotonous, I do not like the negative connotation that particular wording implies. While it is synonymous with repetitiveness, it is also akin to dullness. My life is EXTREMELY repetitive, but I would not consider it dull at all. I am also not naïve enough to think I have a monopoly on monotony, though it sure did make for great alliteration!

I think I like my new title even better. I am quite possibly the most happy and fulfilled person I know, so the new title seems apropos. I have a feeling, however, that this name will not be the last. There shall inevitably be many more to come when I get tired of the current one. Variety is the “spice of life” and the title of my blog shall not be an exception to that rule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home