The Good Life

Saturday, August 19, 2006

party like it's 1989



No, the title is not a typo. I had the opportunity to go to a party tonight themed around the marvelous 80's. I love the eighties is not just the title of a VH1 series; it is truly how I feel. Not only did we celebrate the eighties with music and trivia, we also dabbled in a bit of karaoke.

My great friend Jennifer Curry (JC) and I, really rocked out to many great eighties songs. My favorites were the fast ones because we could use our saweeeet dance moves like the running man, the Roger Rabbit, the MC Hammer, and many more to compliment our howling along with the accordion-style music in the background.

I have neglected to mention the attire for the evening purposely because I was saving the best for last. Among other things, I observed crimped hair and wings, units belts and alternating sock colors. I was decked out in an Ocean Pacific shirt that widened at the bottom and had tails at the bottom of the back side. I had high feathered bangs, blue eye shadow, flavored peach-colored lip-gloss, thick blue eyeliner, plastic and cloth bracelets, a ring watch, a half side pony tail, French rolled jeans, alternating pink and blue socks, and tennis shoes. I also sported a lavender units belt and braided cloth headband. I was fortunate enough to tie for second place in the costume competition. I won an 80's workout record - complete with booklet that shows poses of the exercises.

All I can say is that Kathy Pollock throws one mean party. This one I shall ne'er soon forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home