The Good Life

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Big Banilla (Vanilla)

My new name is now "Big Banilla" (Vanilla). This is coming from the self-proclaimed "Big Chicken." Other names she's freely handed out are "Chicken Bref" (breath), Chocolate Banilla Bref, and "Chocolate Banilla Bracelets Teef Bref (Chocolate Vanilla Braced Teeth Breath - isn't that a mouthful???).

In addition to my new name and those of others, there has been a language barrier I have been trying to overcome the last month and a half. Some of these examples have taken longer to overcome than others. I'm beginning to understand why no one in my family can understand my little friend on the phone.

Example #1 - New lyrics to "The Lord's Army" - I may never march in the impotent, ride in the Calgary, shoot the utility...

Example #2 - A friend of Kealani's at school is named Catalina Huerta (I have changed the first name to preserve anonymity). She calls her Catalina "What the?"

Example #3 - Sebun Elebun (7-11)

Example #4 - After much argument over the matter (especially after she has just spelled it for me) she is still convinced that the store is called Wal Mark and calls the safety restraining device in the car a seek belk.

Example #5 - A blast from the past from Sir Mix A Lot...I got big butts in a candy line

There are a million others each day that are just as funny if not funnier. For some reason though I can't remember any more right now. Could it be that I have become a single parent of a seven year old over night and I can't remember anything anymore? I think I'm onto something there! That could be the case sense I try to go get something to write the funny things she's said down but forget what I've gone to retrieve by the time I get to the pencil and paper. :)

Despite the lack of a brain these days, the constant fatigue, and the lack of a social life anymore, when this is all said and done in a few weeks I'm going to miss the constant excitement and adventure motherhood brings. I will joyfully sleep for two or three days straight though. :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home