The Good Life

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Spring Break

It has been my pleasure over the last seven or eight years to spend all or part of my Spring Break in Memphis, TN. I am truly saddened that I will not be watching the ducks march down the red carpet to the elevator and on to their palace home atop the Peabody in Memphis this year. I am also extremely heartbroken that I will not be munching on slab after slab of pork ribs at Interstate BBQ (although I'm up for a little all-you-can-eat ribs at Kansas City Blues BBQ on Thursday night if anyone cares to contest my 16 rib feat).

HOWEVER, I am most certainly thrilled that Dick Vitale and I will be spending some quality time together where I can actually see some live action. For almost a decade now, I have had to catch up on the first and second rounds of MARCH MADNESS BABY! through the Memphis newspapers. Though I do not have cable, CBS and I will be tighter than a boy scout's knot for the next few days. I will also be in T.V. heaven when my dad gets out of the hospital (hopefully Friday night) as he has every sports channel imaginable and they're all in High Def.

Anybody care to make any predictions???

I simply want to say this: let's cheer hard for OU as they will need it in the second round
AND
can we cheer just as hard that Duke will be knocked out as quickly as possible?

7 Comments:

  • At March 15, 2006 9:22 PM, Blogger ch said…

    Oh I've got Duke, Florida, UCLA and North Carolina in the final four...oh and 16 ribs...please.

     
  • At March 16, 2006 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First and foremost - Rock Chalk Jayhawk! Second, my bracket had OU getting bounced in round one. Third, the sooner Duke gets outed the better off we all will be. Less JJ Reddick, more happiness!

     
  • At March 16, 2006 4:53 PM, Blogger ch said…

    Duke is the basketball equivalent of Notre Dame football..only they're actually pretty good.

     
  • At March 18, 2006 9:08 AM, Blogger kteachjoy said…

    Loeber, what's right with Duke?

     
  • At March 19, 2006 3:20 PM, Blogger Mgam said…

    Dare I mention that Dick Vitale is on ESPN so you won't be seeing THAT much of him?

     
  • At March 20, 2006 9:57 PM, Blogger kteachjoy said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At September 06, 2006 11:11 PM, Blogger kteachjoy said…

    For the record, not that anybody will read a post this old now, I want to restate my position on Duke. I will not likely cheer against them anytime soon. If you care to hear the heart-warming and -breaking story why, I'll have to impart it to you in person some time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home